You might or might not know that I started working some time ago on a bugzilla plugin for rbot. The idea started from my previous try to get a bot to access bugs, which was in turn due to GenBot, an old bot that used to be around in #gentoo-* channels, disappearing.
What the current plugin can do is to fetch the XML with the data about the bug, and parse it to show a summary. Up until yesterday, you had to specify which bug tracker to get the data from, but now I implemented per-channel defaults.
The interface is still quite a bit rough and probably altogether slow, but I hope to improve it in the next days. Right now you can choose a default bug tracker to get the bugs from if a tracker wasn’t specified on the request. It also does listen to all the messages to see if someone is talking about a bug, kinda like jeeves does.
What I’m hoping to implement in the next days also is announcing bugs, again, kinda like jeeves does. Thanks to Robin, I now know how to deal with this using just the HTTP interface of Bugzilla, so in the next days I should be able to make ServoFlame join #xine@oftc and announce new bugs as they are reported.
My current problem is to avoid iterating through multiple arrays at once to get the announcement on all channels, I suppose I’ll have to parse the settings a bit so to index them per zilla. It’s more an implementation detail though.
More interesting is the refactor I started on the code, trying to document it a bit more with comments, and adding Exceptions where needed rather than hardcoding error conditions. I have to say I like the code better now.
Anyway, stay tuned for more rbot hacking in the next future, I just hope to find a way to contact markey or tango outside Freenode, as I’m steering clear of that network now (as I’ll steer clear of any network enlisting people with no trace of maturity).
Firebot, which sits on most channels of moznet, can do that. It reports changes to bugs almost in realtime. It supports filtering bugs to report by various criteria – for example, in #firefox it reports only new bugs pertaining to the Firefox frontend, whereas in #bugs it reports all status changes of all bugs.Maybe you can filch some code.
I wrote a Bugzilla plugin for supybot, that does everything under the sun, pretty much. The code is here: http://bzr.everythingsolved… And you can check it out like:bzr checkout bzr://bzr.everythingsolved….