Unieject moves to GIT

It’s not like I love GIT unconditionally, I think Mike has quite a point about it. But it makes it way easier to handle repositories than Mercurial. So I am using it for almost all the projects I maintain alone.

Unieject up to now was still using Subversion on SourceForge.net; the problem was that git-svn didn’t grasp a rename that I made during the early life of the project when I imported the local Subversion repository to Berlios.

Today, after I couldn’t commit to Sourceforge because my password expired (is this something new?) I tried git-svn again and… it worked! It imported the repository correctly. After a bit of fiddling to replace the tags branches with actual tags, I was able to get my new repository online on the server.

I’ve now disabled SourceForge’s SVN for Unieject, the code can be found at https://www.flameeyes.eu/p/unieject.

I’m now debating with myself about either resuming to work on gitarella, or abandon it for cgit… the problem is that I’d have to prepare an ebuild for cgit at least, and I never tried to understand how to make an ebuild for a webapp. If somebody from the webapp team can give me some of his time to either teach me how to make an ebuild for cgit, or directly creating one, I’d be quite happy 🙂