So tonight I was finally able to get Tomcat 5.5 to work on Gentoo/FreeBSD! YEEE! Netbeans is still far as there’s a package that still depends on mx4j (that in turn still end up asking for a 1.4 series JDK that we don’t have), but at least half the dependencies (Tomcat) is done:
It’s still not keyworded in tree because there are some bugs that has to be fixed before that can be done, but thanks to the Gentoo/Java team (Betelgeuse, Cater, nichoj and wltjr in alphabetical order), most of the trouble is now fixed, I didn’t even have to report any package not migrated to generation 1 (but I was using the migration overlay, I didn’t check how much of them were taken from there).
Next step is getting Firebird building and installing, waiting for Netbeans.