A few little changes and a few news

So, I’ll try to summarise what’s happening lately, as I have always less time as the date of the course comes near.

First of all, I’ve added a new kdelibs version, 3.5.3-r1, that disables utempter and its dependency. The reason is that kdelibs already have its own ways to handle utmp, and it works better with that, it also removes one dependency that’s useless for the 99% of users. Finally, it makes startup of PTY sessions faster, as it does not invoke /usr/sbin/utempter anymore.

Second, I’ve unmasked xine-lib-1.1.2_pre20060606, that will be the latest pre1.1.2 snapshot, as 1.1.2 is due pretty soon hopefully, this version fixes also the problem with streams I reported yesterday. Also please make sure that if you use my overlay you re-emerge libvorbis so that the EXPORTED macro does not collide, or you won’t be able to play vorbis files.

Release of 1.1.2 will also make easier the life of packagers with Amarok 1.4.1 (that even in portage will depend on newer versions of xine-lib, luckily already stable almost everywhere 😉 ).

I also got another spurious security bug about xine-ui today. Live safe, our xine-ui was fixed since long time, although the Debian’s one got unpatched up to today 🙂

And continuing on the xine line, thanks to Thibaut Mattern today I joined xine project officially 🙂 But I’ll wait till 1.1.2 is released before anything, to be safe 😛

Next point, I’m going to add picoxine to portage as media-sound/picoxine later today, I’ve already added it to my overlay and it works quite well, it’s also a good alternative to alsaplayer for console listening 😉

I do also have a few updates about unieject but those will have to wait for later today 🙂