This Time Self-Hosted
dark mode light mode Search

Playing again with rbot

Some time ago I talked about my problem with ruby and https.. to summarize, I was unable to get data out form bugzillas that used https with self-signed certificates because openssl library started bitching about that. Quite reasonable, eh? ๐Ÿ™‚

Lately, I fixed that by spawning a wget process to get the pages, way more simpler than having to deal with ruby internals too much.
Now, in the last days I also added a few more bugzillas to the list ServoFlame accepts, and then I added a listzilla command to show the supported bugzillas ๐Ÿ™‚

[00:22] <Flameeyes> listzilla
[00:22] <ServoFlame> kernel, kde, sourceware, abisource, gnome, fdo, openoffice, gcc, gentoo, novell, redhat

ServoFlame can be found on freenode on some #gentoo-* channels (for example #gentoo-dev) and accepts requests in the form Servoflame bug zilla #number. It does output something similar to GenBot’s (mozbot) output.

I have yet to release the code for the bugzilla plugin.. I’ll do that in the next days. I think I can try to get working an rbot snapshot from SVN as the current one seems to fail to recognize when it gets disconnected by the server, and I can’t disable extra plugins such as karma and quotes (that I don’t really need!).

I might also want to add support for dump/restore of the zillas list as when I change the on-file layout I usually break them… or maybe I can try to get a hold of yaml format used by rbot itself ๐Ÿ™‚
This because I plan on trying supporting mantis, too.. but that requires HTML parsing, while bugzilla just require XML parsing that’s way easier.

Oh well, I’ll see.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.