Okay, today I officially removed my devaway and re-started working (as I ever stopped, eh? :P).
As a friend of mine showed me a package that was broken (tse3) I started looking at sound bugs relatives to that, noteedit and other things. At the end of the day, for sound is a quite interesting cleanup.
First of all finally noteedit can be merged fine (tse3 was broken since quite a bit before, now is fixed), and there’s an updated version in p.mask waiting for testing.
Then I package.masked and sent a last rites for pmidi and daapd. Reason of this is that the first is replaced by aplaymidi in media-sound/alsa-utils, while daapd seems to have troubles with latest iTunes6, and being dead upstream, mt-daapd is suggested instead. This allowed me to close another two bugs.
Then I looked again for dupes and, as xmms was still interfering with my Sound query… I just reassigned every XMMS-related bug directly to MetalGOD 🙂 Sorry dear 😛
Now the bug count for sound is down to 110 or so. I think I have a fix for another one, but I need a testmonkey with KDE compiled with -arts and no arts in the system at all… if I can’t find anyone I should probably start creating a new chroot.
Oh on another note, I talked about the SIP client I found for KDE, twinkle.. unfortunately it seems to stuck in a deadlock while closing a conversation. I’m trying to get a hold of the problem with Michel, the author. For now I’m still without client 😛